Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the meaning of life and other great mysteries

well friends, here it is the middle of october and nothing really exciting has happened.  good news is that I'm off on saturday so I can go check out the white settlment founder's day celebration.  I have no clue what that will entail but hopefully it'll be a little fun before work hits again on sunday.  last saturday entered into a dessert competition with the men of my church.  took a cranberry apple crisp.  didn't win. lost to a pineapple upside down cake, some weird dessert called porcupine eggs and a pecan praline topped cheesecake.  now I know what I have to face for next year, perhaps I'll make a chocolate raspberry cheesecake or try my mother's recipe for something called a dump cake.  kinda at ends on what to cook this week for the family meal.  saw on tv where McCormick has these recipe inspirations things. bascially it entails a pre-measured mix of herbs and spices with a recipe card attached and all you add is meat and a few other ingredients.  may try that.  the two that stuck out at me at the store the other day are sage and apple pork chops and chicken caccitore.  who knows, I may get both. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog! Let me know how the seasoning kits turn out. May I also suggest you add photos of your work on the blog to peek interest.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete