Thursday, November 11, 2010

thanksgiving and holidays

well gentle readers the holidays are upon us and so is the food.  I'm beinging to wonder if I possibly made a mistake in asking my family over with my wife's family and doing a sort of potluck.  with the company I work for we get a free turkey each year so I would be providing that and a few sides.  I'm looking at doing a red cabbage gratin that I found a recipe for in one of my cooking magazines, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and mushroom gravy.  hopefully things will work out and my mom and dad will bring her famous cornbread dressing, my brother bringing a pie, and I don't really know what to tell my brother and sister in law to bring but I'm thinking somewhere along the way there having the tradtional green bean casserole.  after all is said and done i will post and let you know how things go.

1 comment:

  1. You *must* post some pics. Pics of good food are awesome and made of win, etc...

    Will you be sharing recipes, or are these like state secrets for chefs?

    - Old World Swine

    ReplyDelete